Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This Is Becoming a Habit!

I only seem to update this blog at the end of every year or the beginning of a new one. Maybe 2011 will prove to be different. Don't hold your breath! There is no way that I could even catch up with lost time but I guess the most important thing is that lost time has been good times. Lots and lots has happened as life just happens. We are all healthy and happy. 2010 was supposed to be "Thin in 2010" but here I am as chubby as ever. I have adopted a couple of sayings, "I don't skinny dip, I chunky dunk" and "Inside of me is a skinny women screaming to get out but I can usually shut her up with ice cream". A friend of mine at work made a new years resolution to be more kind to herself and I think I will do try and do the same. So skinny or not, I will survive! Cole is turning 10 next month. He reminded me a few months ago that he was going to be turning double digits. I can't believe it. One smart cookie is our Cole. Straight A's so far this 4th grade year. And boy is he a funny writer. He had me in stitches when I was reading his journal from school. He is still playing soccer and is a great defender. He is almost 5 foot, 2 more inches to go. So eating his Wheaties when he was younger has certainly paid off. He is a huge help in our household and is learning to do things with a happy heart. Being the oldest is tough, but he has done well. Beck is 4 and is as cheeky as ever. He has one of the brightest faces I know. He has lots of energy and is a lot of fun. He is always quick to say "just kidding" because he knows that what just came out of his mouth wasn't appropriate. Most of the time the things that come out of his mouth are funny. He enjoys watching "his shows" and plays the PS3 better than any adult I know. He loves video games. Oh no! Kate is 2 and is still our little sweetheart. She can be feisty, mainly when she is defending herself from Beck, but is very loving and sweet. I was told by her nursery leader that whenever someone is sad or cying, Kate is right there giving them a hug and making sure they are ok. Just the other day Cole was upset and she went up to him, put her arms around him and gave him a hug as she patted his back. She was asking, "Are you ok Cole? You crying Cole?" She survives off of soy milk. She loves her tutus and baby legs and insists on getting herself dressed. She is the princess and has every right to be one. Baby Dano will be 3 months on the 31st. He was a Halloween baby. He is a sweet baby too. So good and so calm. He has had many struggles already in his short life but he is getting stronger every day. He is a very loved boy. And is smiling and cooing a lot these days. We are just blessed to have him in our lives. He is our little nugget. Currently weighing only 8lbs. He was only 5lbs. when we brought him home. We love nuggets and love baby Dano. This past 2 months has been a roller coaster ride but we are just holding on during each loop to loop and enjoying the ride. We are trying our best to keep our arms and hands in the ride at all times. I have faith and trust in the Lord that this ride will have a happy ending. I will share more in a separate entry about this Colossus, Red Dragon attraction. For now I bid thee farewell. BTW Mark is doing well too. He is currently remodeling our kitchen and laying hardwood flooring throughout our home. The back room is already finished and it looks fab. He built a breakfast nook in our bay window and it looks smashing! He is such a handy man, too bad his name isn't Manny. Our counter tops should be in my the end of next week. We are getting there. I have an excuse to not clean and vacuum because there is no point with all the dust that is flying about. So life is good for me. Laundry still gets the best of me but it is a demon I will never conquer. Admitting this is the first step of my treatment. Although we have a lot going on, I have peace knowing that life will settle down, eventually. I am looking forward to our upcoming Disneyland trip in Feb. We are going to celebrate Beck turning 4, only 5 months later. Cole will actually have his birthday while we are there. So it will be a double celebration. Kate and Dano will stay home with papa and grandma even though I know my princess would love to meet the princesses. She will have to wait her turn when she turns 4. Cole has a soccer tournament in St.George over President's Day weekend so once that has finished we will continue heading south to sunny Cali. Fun stuff. Well I bid thee farewell again. I am one tired mama!

No comments: